Thursday, July 10, 2014

Birthday, One Year Mark, and AMERICA

The past week has been so wonderful!
To think, just a year ago I flew to Salt Lake. And a year ago tomorrow is the day I entered the MTC. Basically my Birthday was WONDERFUL! My companion and roommates decorated the apartment and made me cupcakes. I woke up to the surprise. Some sisters posted papers all over the basement of the South Visitors Center (Mission Offices) and it had a picture of me making a creepy face and said "Happy Birthday Sister Price!" So that was fun. Thank you everyone for the Birthday Wishes!
Besides no family, I really missed Birthday Breakfast-which has become a tradition I suppose. Mom, you usually prepare waffles and such for me and I am sorry you couldn't this year. 

I am no longer a teenager so I can't get away with slamming doors, but that wont stop me! Just kidding Mom and Dad.
This morning I called Harley! He is my recent convert that I taught while serving in Pocatello. Since I returned to Temple Square he baptized his younger brother Austin, WOW. On July 12th he will baptize his mom. Literally the miracle of my mission right there.
Sister Wu and I met Mattias from Switzerland a couple days ago. He is from the South of Switzerland so Italian is his first language, but his English is perfect. We had a great discussion with him about Heavenly Father's Plan and The Book of Mormon. Matt has been very prepared and this is exactly what he has been looking for. We will continue to teach him over the phone. He leaves for Florida Sunday and then ends up in Cincinnati for a concert, so that is cool.
On Sunday Elder Whitney Clayton of the Seventy came and spoke to us with his wife. I had the chance to hear from him while outbound in Pocatello as well. 

I am very happy to be with Sister Wu for another transfer. She and I have become best buds. We are comfortable with each other and we can communicate on tours without speaking directly to each other...it is pretty cool and convenient. 
2 Nephi 1: 6- 7  Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall nonecome into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.
Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to thecommandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down intocaptivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto therighteous it shall be blessed forever.
Happ4th of July!

Everything is going very well :) Love you ALL!
Sister Price



No comments:

Post a Comment