Thursday, August 7, 2014

last week with Sister Wu from CHINA :( 7-30-14


On Monday Justin Mckeown and Spencer Carter visited me! Brother Mckeown shared Dad's conversion story with me while we were sitting in the benches of the Assembly Hall. It was wonderful to hear and made all 4 of us tear up. I made sure to record the entire experience very well in my journal.

Yesterday we met President Howell, Stake President of the Bluffdale Utah South Stake. He happens to be hosting 5 adults from China who happen to be from the very same city as Sister Wu. President Howell asked if we could come over for dinner to meet them and we let him know that we probably wont be able to but we would ask anyway. President Poulson was all for it when we told him about it. So on Friday Sister Wu and I will drive to Bluffdale to eat at the Howell home and meet the 5 Chinese people from Sister Wu's city!
It is my last full week with Sister Wu, we will miss each other. The Chinese people are so sweet in the tours and they clap when I introduce myself in Chinese. Not all people get excited when you say something in their language. A family from the Netherlands was excited then I greeted them formally in Dutch. Back to the Chinese though, Sister Wu enjoys teaching them the churches official name and explaining the nickname mormon. She has me say the church name in Mandarin and one group was gasping and clapping it was precious.
Monday morning is transfer conference so I will find out about my new companion then and I will also hear if I have to move apartments and change zones. Transfer day will be next Wednesday, so if I have a new pday it wont come for 8-10 days :P oh no!
We have spent most of today with Sister Nakamatsu and Sister Tupou because Sister Tupou will return to Tonga on Tuesday! Sad, but exciting too. She will be missed a ton by me...
The Pioneer Day Parade was fun! Mostly because of horses and I also saw Sister Rutz and Julia from the Johnstown Ward! What a treat!
Things are still extremely busy, but all is well! Love you all <3
Sister Rebecca Price


1. At the Pioneer Day Parade photo courtesy of Sister Lynn Rutz
2. Elder Oaks watching the parade on the same bleachers as us. You usually have to pay for the bleachers but a kind person gave us free tickets!
3. Just being silly in the display of a presentation in the North Visitors Center
4. Just another time being silly in the display of a presentation in the North Visitors Center
5. Nursery Display
6. Another nursery display
7. I grew so large that I was able to take a bite of the Temple! That is what the mission does to you...
8. Sister Wu wanted me to smile, but there was food in my mouth so I just Zoolandered it









No comments:

Post a Comment