Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sister Price's 2nd full week in Temple Square!

































This is what Rebecca said to us this week-


What a wonderful week it has been! I will try to cover most of the highlights of my week for you. On Monday (last week) my companion and I were giving a tour to a Youth Conference tour. We stopped in front of the flagpole at the west side of the temple. I was talking and looking into the youths eyes when I saw Cassie Burns and her mother standing to the side of them!! I was so surprised! So I continued talking and then I got to say hi and give them hugs as I took the YC group to the Christus statue. It was so awesome to see Cassie! Then later that same day I was walking to have my 30 min of lunch and my companion and I were stopped to give a tour. We wanted to eat, but we wanted blessings even more...so we took the tour. After the tour we headed to lunch again. On our way we saw Cassie and her mom leaving the temple! Then shortly after we said bye to them we saw Russel M. Nelson! He said hi to us and he looked into my eyes! It was like he was looking into my entire soul. Anyway, imagine all that perfect timing, because the Lord blessed my comp and I with a tour that timed us perfectly to see Cassie and Russel M. Nelson. Also, that day I received a wonderful package from Momma. Thank you Momma! Mail and packages make me so happy. Thank you for including delicious gobs from Clark's!
Here at Temple Square we contact people via chat and telephone, because our mission isn't door-to-door. On Wednesday I called my first referral. I was so nervous. When I called the girl answered and after I explained who I was and such she said "good for you" and then told me "I do not appreciate you calling me...(more mean stuff)." My heart was so crushed. It was my first time calling someone to try to teach and she shot me down. Today I tried to call a referral that I received yesterday. It was from a girl who wanted me to try and contact her boyfriend and teach him. His name is Izzy. I called him today and it went great! I am going to call him again this week and meet with him on the phone for lessons. He is my first official investigator! Of course I already have investigators, but they came with my companion. Izzy is the first person that I've brought to be an investigator. It was wonderful! I spun around and couldn't stop smiling. I can't wait to teach him again! 

Today I passed of to be a driver so I can use the mission vehicles. It was fun getting to drive. The van that I drove is named Thunder! Before signing up to pass off as a driver I had to fill out some forms. I needed the last 4 digits of my social security number, but having the artistic mind that I have I couldn't remember it. So the Mission Presidents secretary had to call Momma. While she was calling mom she noticed me trying to listen to hear her voice. Being the sweet secretary she is, she put mom on speaker! I heard moms voice and it was awesome! Of course I wasn't allowed to talk, but I could hear her voice! It was wonderful. That same day I was working at the Information Desk and a homeless man I see a lot came up and asked to borrow my pen. I gave it to him and he was super cool. Later he brought it back to me, how kind. It's really random for me to share that, but I just thought it was a random and cool experience.
Who has heard of John Bytheway? Practically every Mormon has heard of him. He is a popular speaker and on Friday I met him! My companion and I gave more YC tours and he was the YC guest speaker. I shook his hand and told him about how I read his "What I Wish I Knew Before My Mission" book. He was so fun and his message was great.

My mission is so awesome! We are made up of 9 zones...that's a lot of people! On Saturday half of the zones went to Brighton Girls Camp in the mountains in the a.m. and the other half went in the p.m. I was in the p.m. group. It was so spiritual and fun. I recognized the ski resort/camp to be the same place that dad drove Olivia and I to when we were exploring the mountain roads on our college tour trip years ago.

Thank you everyone for all of your love and support. I know that I say that in most every email and letter, but I mean it! I am constantly thinking about all of you and keeping you in my prayers.
Love you all,
Sister Becca Price (Blue)



2 comments:

  1. My Daughter Sister Bascom is also serving in this mission. So fun to follow your daughter's experiences. My Daughter also has a blog if you would like to follow it: asisterinzion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Price is my big sister. We'll definitely follow Sister Bascom

    ReplyDelete