Thursday, June 13, 2013

Families

Why Family Is So Important


"Our families provide a setting for much of the growth we experience in life.
In our families we love, serve, teach, and learn from each other. We share our joys and our sorrows. Family ties may bring us difficult challenges, but they also give us strength and some of our greatest happiness.
The family is central to God’s plan for His children. It is also the central unit of society and the means for bringing children into the world where they can be loved, provided for, and taught truth and righteousness (see “The Family: A Proclamation to the World”).
While we cannot choose the conditions of our birth, we can choose each day to make our families stronger and happier. It is possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally."

-Mormon.org Importance of Families



I am no professional blogger...that is for sure. But I just thought I would share a couple brief thoughts about my amazing family:

I love my family. My parents and sisters have always been there for me and supported me. Especially my parents. I would not be going on a mission if it weren't for them.

My Mom is my hero. She can do anything! She is as tough as stone, but still knows how to comfort a crying child. I have looked up to her all my life. My mom taught me almost everything I know. Then there is my dad. The poor guy is alone in a house full of six women (my mom, sisters, and I). I don't know how he does it. Whenever I lack patience I simply think of my dad. He is patience. Now for my sisters...I will start with the youngest, Meredith. Meredith is my little bear. She is cuddly and fun, but also sassy and cool (remember not to poke the bear). Natalie is loving of everyone with an exciting personality that can lighten any mood. Sydney comes next. Sydney and I were always the best of buds. We were partners and crime and best buds while growing up. We were inseparable. Lastly there is Olivia. Olivia and I have a love/hate relationship, but love conquers all. She protected me from the scary planes when I was young and I always looked up for her. She is a great big sister (despite her physically short stature).

I love my family so much and I am so grateful that I will be able to be with them forever and all eternity.

If you are asking yourself "How can families be together forever, even after life on earth?" then click here for answers

No comments:

Post a Comment