Saturday, June 29, 2013

final post for 18 months


That's right, this is my last blog post for 18 months! Tomorrow I give my farewell talk and my Father/Stake President will be setting me apart tomorrow night. On Monday I turn 19, Tuesday I fly to Utah, and Wednesday at 1:45p.m. I report to the Missionary Training Center.

Lately I have been pondering the words in the following Hymn:

Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?
Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.
There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
But go and do something today.
’Tis noble of man to work and to give;
Love’s labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known.
“223: Have I Done Any Good?,” Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, no. 223

This Hymn makes me want to be an amazing missionary; it encourages me to strive to take every chance I get to share the gospel and talk to people. There are times when I have been preparing for my mission and I have felt inadequate to be a representative of The Lord. I found this quote from Elder Neil L. Anderson from his talk "You Know Enough"

“Nearly 40 years ago as I contemplated the challenge of a mission, I felt very inadequate and unprepared. I remember praying, ‘Heavenly Father, how can I serve a mission when I know so little?’ I believed in the Church, but I felt my spiritual knowledge was very limited. As I prayed, the feeling came: ‘You don’t know everything, but you know enough!’ That reassurance gave me the courage to take the next step into the mission field.” (http://www.lds.org/liahona/2012/06/you-know-enough?lang=eng)

His words are comfort to me, as well as other future missionaries, who feel like they still have a lot to learn. Despite my feelings of shortcomings, I am vert blessed for the many mentors I have had influence my life. My parents, church leaders, and everyday friends encourage me to be my best self.


Letters and packages can be sent to my following address from July 3rd- July 17th:


Sister Rebecca Kay Price
JUL24 UT-TMSQ
2009 N 900 E Unit 142
Provo UT 84602

After July 17th my address for LETTERS will be:

Sister Rebecca Kay Price
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
50 North West Temple St Rm BSVC
Salt Lake City, UT  84150-1819

After July 17th my address for PACKAGES will be"

Sister Rebecca Kay Price
Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
50 North West Temple St
Rm BSVC
Salt Lake City, UT  84150-1819

(Just realized the letter and packages address are same except the formatting of the text)

You can ALWAYS email me at   rebecca.price@myldsmail.net

From now on my sisters will HOPEFULLY do a diligent job updating my blog and posting my emails and photos. For all you readers...thank you for reading and being supportive of my mission. I love you all! I will be back January 3, 2015!












No comments:

Post a Comment