Monday, February 3, 2014

The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Donuts 2-2-14

This week we went into a members home and taught her roommate Nimfa from Ghana. The room was filled with the spirit and Nimfa felt it too. We invited her to be baptized on February 28th and she accepted. Her sister is the only thing that would keep her baptism from happening. Her sister lives in Idaho Falls and we are going to try to send the missionaries there to teach her.
 
Yesterday was possible the best Sunday on my mission! We cover 3 YSA wards so we attended three sacrament meetings and testimony meetings. My companions and I were the first ones to go up in each ward. We go up to try and set the tone for the testimony meeting and remind people it isn't a story sharing time meeting. Even still I was able to bridge donuts to the gospel in one of the testimonies I shared...you all know how much I love donuts. Okay so you are probably wondering how I did this so I will briefly explain:
 
Once when I was little I really wanted to go to Fragapanes Bakery on Sunday for a donut, but mom wouldn't let me because it was the Sabbath. I was desperate so I took a plain bagel and smeared chocolate frosting from a can onto it. My bagel donut wasn't the same. Just as how we try to supsitute things for the gospel with worldy things like video games, TV, clothes....the bagel donut couldn't subsititue for the real donut. A real donut is comparable to the gospel in this example. The donut fills and satisfies just as the gospel of Jesus Christ fills and satisfies our spirit. Note that I was fasting when I talked about this and I LOVE DONUTS
 
We taught more lessons then ever this week and we had some down times, like when Ian who had a baptisimal date totally dropped us right to our face. But we have also seen so many miracles and all of them are because of obedience to mission rules. Obedience = blessings.
 
D&C 82:10 10 I, the Lord, am abound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no bpromise.
 
It snowed yesterday! But it is just so dry here and cold. I physically have hit the wall and am coming down with something now, which is frusterating.
 
Love you all!
Sister Becca Price
 
PS we have a ping pong table in the basement we live in and now I am a ping pong champ! No worries I only play during meals or pday...or while we wait for a ride to come get us. I could own Forest Gump at ping pong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment