Friday, October 4, 2013

Rebecca's most recent email!

On Saturday I was on exchange with my zone leader Sister Hvistendahl from Denmark/Greenland. We were talking to a group of old people and when we said goodbye one of the woman became very emotional, grabbed my hand, pulled me in for a huge hug, and said I remind her of her granddaughter Hailey. It was so sweet, yet unexpected. Hugs are the best (only from girls-NO BOYS) since I don't have momma here to give me hugs. 

My companion and I are old people magnets. Our newest investigator is Wendy. She is from Nevada and is interested mostly because she is preparing to die and she feels it is what she should do. However, we did learn that her father was a less active member and she actually knows a lot about the church. We are just helping her nourish and strengthen her own faith and testimony.
On Wednesday Sister Humble and I took about 7 Norwegians on a tour and they were super interested in the Book of Mormon so we gave them one. We also gave them The Living Christ, Family Proclamation, and Articles of Faith in Norwegian.
Whenever I happen to meet a member they usually ask: "How many nonmembers do you usually get?" I will answer this question for all of you. On an average day I do not talk to any members of the church (except for other missionaries of course). The only time we talk to a lot of members are Sunday's and when big events on Temple Square take place. Thousands of nonmembers come here everyday! Friday and Saturday nights are date nights so we see students being all lovey dovey eww around temple square. Creeps me out! haha.
General Conference is this weekend so 99% of the people I talk to are going to be members. I am so excited for conference! I will be attending one session, but I don't know which one yet. I've been hearing (through email and letters) of people who I know who are coming. Of course I hope those people will find me, but I don't want anyone I know to see me! I've become (as Sister Doriaswamy from India would say) "fat with the weight."
We got to attend the General Relief Socity broadcast! We sat in the front section on the far right, I will probably be found there at General Conference as well. The meeting was wonderful! I loved hearing all the speakers. As Elder Holland and Elder Christofferson walked out they blew kisses to us temple square sisters! It was so precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment