Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 19, 2013

Dear Family, 

Everyday we have time set aside to make calls, take calls, and take Mormon.org chats in the teaching center. Many chats that we get are just people arguing and saying we aren't Christians. Sister Escobedo and I sometimes laugh at what people say and other times we throw our hands up in frustration and then grab the arm rests. Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith, repentance, and baptism. We are not here to defend our beliefs but to declare them. 

Earlier this week we took a chat from a 17 year old priest living in England. He asked a simple question "Should I get my ear pierced?" After typing back and fourth about it he said...well I would take it out for church. I thought PERFECT and thought of Elder Hollands talk Israel Israel God Is Calling (http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/ces-devotionals/2012/01/israel-israel-god-is-calling you should read it) Read it for yourself. But we got to the point of talking about how we should never leave our religion--leave our standards--at the door. The 17 year old priest signed off after saying we made an excellent point and he no longer wants to get his ear pierced. 

This past week could perhaps be my hardest week so far, but it has been the best for my development as a missionary. Everyday I see God blessing me in ways I feel I don't even deserve. He truly loves each of us so much. He want us to return to Him again. 

It is the last week of my third transfer. I will have a new assignment and zone starting next Wednesday. So I will also get a new preparation day. If my new pday is Wed, Thurs, or Fri, then I will have two Pdays next week...I don't know what I would do with the extra time. Sister Escobedo and I should be together next transfer so that I can finish training her. She is doing well. Sometimes I get annoyed with myself because I feel bossy correcting her English and how to phrase things or how to follow the schedule. I'm sure the girls are thinking "Bossy? You are always bossy Becca!" Okay, so maybe that is true, but we are all bossy in some sort of way!\

This transfer went by so quickly! I just realized I haven't run into anyone I know very well this transfer and all the other transfers I had. 

I miss Sister Humble and I am going to miss her even more because she is going outbound! She doesn't know where to yet. She and I just got the job done! Guess what our biggest problem was?...having too many people to teach! Is that even possible? I don't know but it was an amazing transfer with her. Her companion she is with now has lost her uncle and grandpa recently and is struggling so I think she misses me too. 

My card reader was silly and erased my photos from this past week...which is sad because I drew Christ holding a sheep on a dry erase board and took a picture of it. It said "Feed my sheep." I will have to draw it again. Well I included cardboard birds that I cut out. It was slow at west gate so I took some trash and scissors and made little birds! My crafty side comes out every now and then. 

Lots of LOVE!
Blueski

PS See the picture of me making a weird face while at the MTC?...isn't the painting in the background beautiful? 

PPS I don't proof read my emails so forgive me if something makes ZERO sense


No comments:

Post a Comment