Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving 11-25-14

On Sunday the mission President asked to have the names of every sister that hasn't attended a temple sealing (marriage). We will all have the apportunity to attend one! Today I will go to the sealing of a woman from Pakistan and a man from Spain. The couple wont have many guests because they are foriegn, so they welcomed 18 sister missionaries to attend. President Poulsen is organizing a way for everyone who has never seen a sealing to go to one sometime during their mission. Since we teach guests about the temple and what it is used for daily through a model replica of the SLC Temple, he wants us to better understand what we are talking about. So it makes sense. I am so excited to attend! Not everyone in the assigned group that I am in has pday today, but I still want to go even if it is pday. Sister Oh however is on exchanges because she will be able to have another chance to attend a sealing.
Zone activity last week was so much fun! The Moore's were so kind to host our zone. They have a cool house. They have an ottoman made out of real zebra! I need to make up my mind if I am all save the animals or all for furniture made out of them...
Earlier this week Sister Oh and I were able to show a member around with her friend who was visiting from Georgia. The tour went very well and the woman was very interested in learning more. While at the Christus statue I invited her to take a free copy of The Book of Mormon and she was super excited to take it that I wasn't sure how to respond to her energetic and excited response. It was a great teaching experience though.

Clayton Christensen came and spoke with our mission last week. And today we had Brother Kay from the missionary department come and speak to us about the HE IS THE GIFT campaign. You need to watch the video, here it is:
http://www.mormon.org/christmas
We have been able to teach so many people lately. With the lights on their will be an entire new atmosphere to teach in.
For Thanksgiving we are going to members homes! Each companionship has been assigned a home and the members will pick us up at Temple Square. The square will close 12-6pm and then regular hours around that. SO FUN!

Doctrine & Covenants 78:19
"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more."

 The Savior is the sweetest. I am so grateful for the Savior, He is why I am serving a mission and He is who has given me strength every single day I've been here. Thank you everyone who has been of support as well--I am grateful for you too!

Much love, 
Sister Price

No comments:

Post a Comment